4Season Explorer Zip XL
4Season Explorer Zip XL
This 4Season system has advantages when you find yourself in colder weather than expected because it can be adjusted to a wide range of temperature conditions without adding weight or bulk.
With just the oversize open cell foam pad, most people are comfortable down to about 40 F / 4 C. Adding the space blanket under the pad should take you down to below freezing. The space blanket can be placed above or below the pad depending on the temperature, humidity and what works best for you.
If you have been wearing a jacket during the day, spread it out on top of the open cell foam pad or anything else in your pack that has insulation value such as extra clothing, towel, hat or socks to get you down into the twenties, maybe even lower. The pad can be stowed in the compression sack when not needed or left at home. If it’s a relatively warm night, you may want to keep the pad in the compression sack and let the trapped air space between the two layers keep you cozy.
Also, we have included a 7” / 18cm diameter compression sack. This allows the hammock and the 40 inch / 100 cm wide insulation pad to be folded in half lengthwise, rolled up and easily slid into the compression sack, pushed down and closed with a drawstring. Finally, the cap is pulled over the top of the compression sack and the straps tightened to about 16” / 40 cm in length.
- Height Limit: 7 ft / 213 cm
- Weight Limit: 300 lbs / 136 kg
- Packed Weight: 4 lb 8 oz / 2066 g not including free 4 oz / 112 g webbing straps
- Packed Size: 8" / 20 cm diameter x 15" / 38 cm
- Hammock Fabric: 1 layer of 70d nylon taffeta and 1 layer of 40d nylon taffeta
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 130" x 59" / 330 cm x 150 cm
- Mesh: 30d polyester No-See-Um netting
- Suspending Ropes: 120" / 305 cm long, 1800 lb / 818 kg test polyester rope
- Webbing Straps: 2" x 42" / 3.8 cm x 107 cm black polyester
- Rainfly Weight: 14.4 oz / 403 g
- Rainfly Fabric: 70d polyurethane coated polyester ripstop
- Rainfly Dimensions: Size 363cm/143" on centerline x 304cm/120" wide symmetrical hexagonal shape
- Color: Titanium grey hammock with red lining and titanium grey fly
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on black polyester ripstop compression sack with grey end caps and red nylon compression straps 3.5 oz / 100 g
Build Your Own
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is only a small price increase to get exactly what you want instead of buying more than you need.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: Our stock webbing strap is 42" / 107cm which is fine for trees up to 14" / 36cm in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to longer 72" / 183 cm straps for trees up to 24" / 60cm in diameter or 96" / 244cm straps for trees up to 36" / 91cm in diameter.
WHAT'S INCLUDED: The 4Season Explorer Zip XL comes complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and compression sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 42" / 107 cm long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
The 4Season Explorer Zip XL also includes an oversized 30" / 76cm wide open-cell foam pad, and a heat-reflecting space blanket.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 001 250 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!