Ultralite Backpacker Classic
Ultralite Backpacker Classic
Classic bottom entry with velcro closure
Designed for anyone up to 91 kg and 183 cm tall
The Ultralite Backpacker Classic has our patented asymmetrical shape and structural ridge line to ensure exceptional comfort and a perfect set up every time.
This is our most popular model for ultralight backpackers on the long trails who need a shelter that is comfortable, compact and built to last. We know of one hiker who did 25000 km including the triple crown in three years with one Ultralite Backpacker Classic.
- Height Limit: 6 ft tall / 183 cm
- Weight Limit: 200 lbs / 91 kg
- Packed Weight: 1 lbs 15 oz / 868 g not including 2 oz / 56 g free webbing straps
- Packed Size: 4" x 6" x 9" / 10 cm x 15 cm x 23 cm
- Hammock Fabric: 70d 160 x 90 high thread count nylon taffeta
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 118" x 59" / 300 cm x 150 cm
- Mesh: 20d polyester No-See-Um netting
- Suspending Ropes: Two x 10' / 305 cm long 1200 lb. / 545 kg test spectra ropes.
- Webbing Straps: 1" / 2.5 cm wide black polyester
- Rainfly Weight: 9.4 oz / 263 g
- Rainfly Fabric: 30d PU/Silicone Coated Silnylon Ripstop
- Rainfly Dimensions: A parallelogram with - long side = 92" /234 cm - short side = 65" /165 cm - long diagonal = 132" / 335 cm - short diagonal = 105" / 267 cm
- Color: Bark (Greyish, Brownish Green)
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag 0.5 oz / 5 g
Build Your Own
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is no or only a small price increase to get exactly what you want instead of buying more than you need.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: In some areas of the world, longer webbing straps are required. Our stock webbing strap is 107 cm which is fine for trees up to 36 cm in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to 183 cm straps which are fine for trees up to 60 cm in diameter or 244 cm straps which are fine for trees up to 91 cm in diameter.
BIGGER RAINFLY: You can keep the standard rain fly or get one that is bigger or one that provides the maximum storm protection.
INSULATION FOR EVERY HENNESSY HAMMOCK MODEL: Most places in the world, even jungles, require some insulation at night especially at altitude. We offer two choices with different temperature ranges. Both of these systems have insulation pads that are wider and will protect your arms and shoulders much better than the standard tent pad.
WHAT'S INCLUDED: All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 107 cm long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 001 250 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
- This store ships to Canada.
- For EU orders please go to our EU store.
- For Australia and New Zealand orders please go to our Australia store.
- For UK orders please go to our UK store.
- All other countries: go to our USA store.
- You can also select your store from the flags at the top of this page.